I created these pieces during the performances of the MOPOMOSO improvisative jazz ensemble led by the eminent guitarist, John Russell.
The drawings are visual represetations of sounds created by musicians and their careful interaction on stage. Improvisation is a true test of musicianship and opens possibilities for the artist to tell their story in a very personal way. It aslo allows instruments to be at the centre of creation.
The first series was created during the annual Fete Quaqua festival in August, 2019, and the second during the MOPOMOSO Christmas Concert, December 2019.
Both events were hosted by the Vortex Jaxx Club, London.
I would like to express my gratitude to John for taking me on, and allowing me to do my thing and be part of the MOPOMOSO journey.
1. Matt Hutchinson (piano) Roland Ramanan (trumpet) Benedict Taylor (viola)
2. Pascal Marzan (guitar) Sylvia Hallett (violin)
3. Dave Tucker (piano) Simon Picard (sax) Dave David Fowler (drums)
5. Pat Moonchy (vocal) Lucky Liguori (guitar)
6. Alan Newcombe (sax) John Eyles (sax) Martin Clarke (sax) Kostas Chondros (sax)
7. Alex Maguire (piano) Neil Metcalfe (flute) Simon Picard (sax)
8. Lawrence Casserley (cymbals) Martin Hackett (electronics)
9. David Grundy (electronics) Laurel Uziel (electronics)
10. Rachel rachel musson (sax) Alan Wilkinson (sax) Rick Jensen (sax)
11. Adam Bohman (narration)
12. Maggie Nicols (voice) Sid Thomas (paino) Shirley Hall (voice) Paul Jolly (sax)
13. Michael Mendones (piano)
14. James Bailey (bamboo flute) Maggie Nicols (voice) Pat Moonchy (voice) Sylvia Hallett (violin)
15. Sam André (sax) Benedict Taylor (viola) Neil Metcalfe (flute) Roland Ramanan (trumpet)
16. The Mopomoso volunteer team 2019 - Yui Ting (piano) Matt Hutchinson (piano) Dave Tucker (drums) Pascal Marzan (guitar) Kostas Chondros (sax) James Whykeham-James Wykeham-Martin (guitar) John Russell (M_D - guitar)
17. Satoko Fukuda (violin) Steve Beresford (piano)